Apple has released iOS 8.1.3 update for compatible iOS devices. The update includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements. The update fixes spotlight bug, which prevented it from showing app results.
Along with bug fixes, Apple has also reduced the space required for installing the update. With the release of iOS 8, firmware updates required more than 4 GB of free space.
Due to huge space requirements, devices with low storage were facing several issues while updating the device. So with iOS 8.1.3, Apple has reduced the space required for the firmware updates.
Here’s a complete changelog of the iOS 8.1.3:
- Reduces the amount of storage required to perform a software update
- Fixes an issue that prevented some users from entering their Apple ID password for Messages and Facetime
- Addresses an issue that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
- Fixes an issue which prevented multitasking gestures from working on iPad
- Adds new configuration options for education standardized testing
Apple iOS 8.1.3 is compatible with select iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It is compatible with iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, through iPhone 4S. It is also compatible with iPad Air 2 to iPad 2 and iPad mini.
The iOS 8.1.3 update can be installed via over the update or it can installed via iTunes.