Asus, the Taiwanese smartphone giant at the ongoing CES 2017 event in Las Vegas, announced their first ever dual-camera smartphone, the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom. That said, the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom is the successor to the last year’s Zenfone Zoom whose USP was the camera.
Retaining the USP of its predecessor, the Zenfone 3 Zoom also comes with the camera as its USP and has a dual camera on the rear. Asus has gone with the same implementation as what Apple did with its iPhoone 7 Plus. It features two camera modules of 13MP and 12.3MP and out of which, one module is used as the standard camera, and the other one has support for 2.3x optical zoom. There is also a 13MP front-facing camera.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom Key Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass and 1080×1920 pixel resolution
- Software: Zen UI based on Android Nougat
- Processor: Octa-core 2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 2GB / 3GB / 4GB of RAM
- Storage: 16GB / 32GB / 64GB internal space with memory card slot
- Cameras: 13-megapixel + 12.2-megapixel at the rear with dual LED flash; 13-megapixel camera on the front
- Battery: 5000mAh
- Colours: Navy Black, Glacier Silver, Luxury Gold
At the heart of the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC aided with 4GB of RAM and Adreno 506 GPU. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen with a resolution of 1080*1920 pixels. Another highlight of the phone is its 5000mAh battery. Along with the Snapdragon 625 SoC, we are expecting the phone to easily last two days with moderate usage. The phone will be shipped with Android Nougat based Zen UI on board.
The Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom will be shipping in February and will be launched in India by the end of this month. Also, there are no details regarding the pricing of the phone.