Reliance Jio has been in the news for all the good and bad. The telecom company forayed into already crowded Indian telecom sector back in May with an offer called as ‘Preview Offer’. Initially, the offer was made available for Reliance employees, however, later on, expanded to selected users with Samsung high-end smartphones.
Furthermore, with the success preview offer for Samsung phones, the Mukesh Ambani-led company expanded their supported smartphones list to almost all the brands. And, after nearly in preview testing for four months, the service was made available to public at the Reliance Annual Grand Meeting on September 1.
There is a fact that the Jio SIM card can make calls only via a VoLTE supported smartphone and it is the India’s first LTE-only network, this means that you also require a 4G enabled smartphone to access the Jio services. Having said that, we have been receiving a lot of questions from our users regarding whether they can use the Jio 4G SIM card on a 3G smartphone.
Hence, we decided to write an article on the same. Follow the below steps to access Reliance Jio’s 4G services on a 3G smartphone.
1) In the initial step, you need to make sure that your smartphone is powered by a MediaTek chipset as this procedure works only with MediaTek SoC devices.
2) After ensuring about your smartphone, you have to now download an application called ‘MTK Engineering Mode ‘ from Google Play Store on your MediaTek powered chipset device.
3) The application basically resolves the problem of digging into your smartphone’s network mode by keeping all of them at a glance and that mode is known as ‘Service Mode’
4) After downloading the application, just open it and you can see an option called ‘Preferred Network Location’, which allows you to change the network mode in your smartphone.
5) All you need to do is, select the option and choose 4G LTE option as the default one and the application locks your network mode.
6) Restart your smartphone now and after it boots, you can see that you’ll be able to access Reliance Jio services on a 3G enabled smartphone. Also, it is worth noticing that your smartphone can only be able to get 3G data speeds and not 4G LTE speeds.
Important Note: We have tried this trick with a MediaTek chip smartphone and it worked, however, we are not responsible for any loss or damage is taken by your device when you’re in the procedure and make sure that your smartphone has a MediaTek chip.