Gionee has released the software update via OTA (over-the-air) update. Earlier the company had released the Android Lollipop update for CTRL V4S via Manual update.
Gionee GPAD G5 was launched in India in September last year for Rs. 14,999, while CTRL V6L was launched in February for Rs. 15,000. The company is yet to release the Android L software update for these devices.
1. Improved Junk character in incoming Call UI issue.
2. Now you can change the fonts follow your inclinations. Pre-installed
3 fonts and more easy to get fonts available.
3. Create any groovy playlist with the updated music player.
4. Added lock screen widget.
5. Manage notifications from applications with the new added feature, Information Management System.
6. Access applications only when you want to. Hide application feature to hide the applications from others which you want to keep confidential.
7. Updated applications : Gionee Xender, Game zone , WPS office , NQ security, Amigo paper , Saavn, Boyaa texas poker,UC browser, Wechat
8. Added the questionnaire of OTA
Gionee Gpad G5 features a 5.5 inch HD IPS Dragontrail Display with 1280×720 pixel resolution. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz Hexa-core Cortex A7 Processor with 1 GB RAM.For graphics it has Mali450 MP GPU. It comes with 8 Autofocus rear camera with LED Flash and 2MP front camera. It has 8 GB internal memory which can be expanded upto 32 GB using MicroSD Card.
Gionee CTRL V6L update log:
1. Improved ROAMING icon not showing in roaming network.
2. Improved Whatsapp notification issue
3. Improved Lock/Unlock sound and soft key sound while in a call.
4. Improved Incoming call popup lagging
Gionee CTRL V6L sports a 5 inch HD (1280×720 pixels) IPS OGS LTPS Display. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad Core Processor with 1 GB of RAM. For Graphics it has a Mali 400 MP GPU. It comes with a 8 Megapixel rear camera with LED flash. For selfies, It comes with a 5 Megapixel front camera. It comes with 8 GB on-board storage which can be further expanded up to 128GB via MicroSD card.
So if you Gionee Elife E7, Gpad G5 or CTRL V6l then you can update your device.