After delaying the Android Lollipop update for Nexus devices, Google has finally rolled out Android 5.0 Lollipop update for select Nexus devices. The update has been rolled out through OTA and system images are also released.
Google has released Android lollipop update for compatible Nexus device. The update is rolled out for following devices:
- Nexus 5 (GSM/LTE)
- Nexus 7 (2013) Wi-Fi only
- Nexus 10
Google has currently released Android Lollipop update for Wi-Fi Only model of Nexus 7 tablet. Google has also released update for last year Nexus 5 device, however Google is yet to release the update for Nexus 4.
Android Lollipop comes with host of new features which includes following:
A bold, colorful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all your devices
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device
- Vivid new colors, typography, and edge-to-edge imagery help to focus your attention
New ways to control when and how you receive messages – only get interrupted when you want to be
- View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications
- For fewer disruptions, turn on Priority mode via your device’s volume button so only certain people and notifications get through. Or schedule recurring downtime like 10pm to 8am when only Priority notifications can get through
- With Lollipop, incoming phone calls won’t interrupt what you’re watching or playing. You can choose to answer the call or just keep doing what you’re doing
- Control the notifications triggered by your apps; hide sensitive content and prioritize or turn off the app’s notifications entirely
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen
Google has started rolling out update through Over the Air, it will be rolled out in phases. If you didn’t get the update notification then you can manually check for update by going to Settings > About > Check for update.
If your devices is not getting update notification, then you can flash your device with Android Lollipop system files. Google has released Android Lollipop system images for Nexus devices.