Apple had released iOS 8.1 update last month, Soon after iOS 8.1 update is released, the jailbreak community became active. Chinese hacker team, PanGu, has released PanGu iOS 8 jailbreak tool for devices running iOS 8.
The PanGu iOS 8 jailbreak tool has been updated several times and current version is stable and comes with Cydia package. PanGu team has released both Windows and Mac versions of jailbreak tool.
Today, we are going to show you how to jailbreak your device running on iOS 8 to iOS 8.1. The jailbreak tool is compatible with all devices running on iOS 8 including latest devices iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 3.
In order to jailbreak your device, first of all, take complete backup of your device in iTunes. And if possible, try to restore your device and perform fresh installation of iOS 8.1. According to PanGu team, success rate on newer install is higher. However it is completely optiona,l as we have successfully jailbroken our device without performing a fresh install.
So lets start the steps to jailbreak your iPhone and iPad running on iOS 8. The guide is similar for both Windows and Mac users.
- Download PanGu tool from their website. If you are using Windows PC then download Windows version else download Mac version.
- Enable Airplane mode and disable passcode. (suggested by PanGu team)
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac.
- Run the PanGu tool as Administrator. (Right click and select Run as Administrator on Windows PC)
- PanGu will detect your device, after it detects it, click Start Jailbreak button.
- Wait till the process completes, do not do anything on your device when jailbreak process is running.
- After some time your iDevice will reboot. Now your device is jailbroken.
- You will find two new icons on your home screen viz Cydia and Pangu.
- Open Cydia and wait till cydia initializes it.
So in this way you can jailbreak your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running on iOS 8 to iOS 8.1. If you face any problem then tell us in comments.