Motorola Moto G was launched last week in India exclusively on Flipkart, by now many of you have already received the much awaited device. Moto G has been one of the the best smartphone in this price category. What if you want to Root your new Moto G,now you can root Moto G in very simple steps. Rooting the Android device gives many privileges to users, this makes your phone more open and more customizable.
What is Root?
Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you’re done!
- Rooting your device will void your warranty and you will not receive any OTA Update from Motorola though you can revert back to stock version and regain your warranty and receive OTA updates.
- Rooting Process will wipe all your data, so before proceeding, make sure you have backed up all your phone data.
Steps for Rooting
- You need to unlock bootloader in order to root the device. Goto Motorola website to unlock the bootloader of Moto G
- Goto Modaco forum and download the latest SuperRoot for Moto G.
- Extract the zip archive on desktop or any other directory.
- Put your device in bootloader mode – Turn off the phone then turn on with the ‘volume down’ button pressed to enter the bootloader.
- Open the extracted folder in a new Window or Terminal Window depending on your OS
- For Windows Users:
- run ‘superboot-windows.bat’ as Administrator
- For Mac users:
- After opening in Terminal Window, type ‘chmod +x superboot-mac.sh’ followed by ‘sudo ./superboot-mac.sh’
- For linux users:
- After opening in Terminal Window, type ‘chmod +x superboot-linux.sh’ followed by ‘sudo ./superboot-linux.sh’
Your Moto G will restart automatically once the process is completed and you will be greeted with root access and SuperSu installed. With great power comes greater responsibilities, so make sure you give only trusted apps root access on your device.
Now your device is rooted. If you face any difficulty then head over to Modaco Forum and ask the developer.
Will you root your Moto G?let us know in comments.