Nokia(Microsoft Mobile) launched Nokia X during MWC. It was Nokia’s first Android phone but it didn’t came up with essential Google services installed. Earlier this month Nokia also launched big brother Nokia XL in various countries.
Earlier we posted the tutorial about rooting Nokia X but after that Nokia pushed v11.1.1 for Nokia X users. After that we posted another tutorial for rooting Nokia X running on v11.1.1. And after that we posted another tutorial for rooting Nokia X after V220.127.116.11 update. But that method was not working for Nokia XL. Now I am posting a new tutorial for rooting Nokia XL.
The tutorial I am posting today is the easiest way to root Nokia X running on v18.104.22.168 and Nokia XL running on V22.214.171.124. There are almost zero steps for rooting the device. Yes you read it right, the rooting is just one click away. So let’s start the process.
This tutorial works for Nokia X running on v126.96.36.199 and Nokia XL running on v188.8.131.52.
Before rooting the Nokia X and Nokia XL you need to do following things:
- Download Nokia X Manager from here
- Enable USB Debugging mode
- Launch device settings.
- Tap Developer options in the System section.
- Switch on developer options and tap OK in the query dialog shown.
- Enable USB debugging in the Debugging section and tap OK in the query dialog shown.
- Update(or install) Nokia X USB drivers, Download it from here.
- Goto desktop on PC
- Right click on computer and click manage
- Select Device manager
- In the list, Nokia X will be listed with a Question mark icon.
- Right click and select update driver, then select Browse my computer for driver option.
- Now select the path of above extracted folder, in the folder select driver file.
- Now drivers are updated.
(Note: Nokia X manager works only on Windows PC and requires DOT NET framework 4)
Steps for Rooting Nokia X and Nokia XL
- After Installing the Nokia X Manger, open Nokia X Manger, it will look like this:
- Connect the Device to PC
- To Root, Select Root Button on Nokia X Manager
- Wait for process to complete
- Now your device is Rooted
Steps for Installing Google Apps
- To install the Google apps like Google Now, GMail, Youtube, Google Maps etc just select the Install GApps button
In this way you can root, unroot, install Google Apps, uninstall Google Apps using Nokia X Manager. This is the easiest way you can find to root Nokia X and Nokia XL. Using Nokia X manager you can root Nokia X running on v184.108.40.206 and Nokia XL running on v220.127.116.11.
If you have any problem then head over to XDA.
So, did you root your Nokia X and Nokia XL? If yes, then share your rooting experience in the comments below.
Update: Nokia X Manager has been updated to V18.104.22.168 with some improvements and bug fixes. So if face any issues try downloading it again.
The Nokia X Manger is developed by Angsanley, a senior member at XDA