ZUK, the sub-brand of Lenovo today unveiled their flagship smartphone- the Lenovo ZUK Edge in China. The smartphone was teased by the company officially and today, they made it official at an event in Beijing, China.
As expected, the Lenovo ZUK Edge comes with a thin bezel display that dubs to a screen-to-body ratio of 86.4 percent. Having said that, the Xiaomi Mi Mix has a screen-to-body ratio of 84.6 percent, according to GSMArena review of the product. This bezel-less display is of 5.5-inch in size and 1080p in resolution with a pixel density of 401 PPI.
Lenovo ZUK Edge Key Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 403ppi, 2.5D curved glass
- ZUI 2.5 on Android 7.0 Nougat
- 13MP resolution, phase detection autofocus, f/2.2 aperture, 1.34µm pixel size, phase-detection autofocus, OIS, dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 2.35GHz Snapdragon 821 SoC with Adreno 530 GPU at 653MHz
- 4/6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB internal storage
- 4G VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, GPS (with A-GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou), USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3,100mAh with fast charging
Under-the-hood, the smartphone is powered by the 2.35GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC along with two RAM configurations- 4GB/6GB. Both the variants will get 64GB of internal storage, which unfortunately cannot be expanded.
In the imaging department, the Lenovo ZUK Edge comes with a 13MP snapper on the rear that has support for OIS, PDAF, and a LED flashlight. Frontal, we have an 8MP sensor with an aperture size of f/2.2 microns. The ZUK Edge also comes with a fingerprint sensor integrated into the phone’s home button, same as the Lenovo Z2 Plus and it dubs as U-Touch as well. Thankfully, Lenovo is releasing the smartphone with Android Nougat based ZUI 2.5, which is a huge advantage. This entire package is backed by a 3100mAh non-removable battery.
In terms of pricing, the Lenovo ZUK Edge starts at 2299 Yuan (approximately Rs. 22,500) for the 4GB RAM variant and the 6GB RAM variant comes with a price tag of 2499 Yuan (approximately Rs. 25,000). Both the variants will be available from January 1 in China.