Google has already announced Android Lollipop for public but Google has delayed Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Nexus devices. There is no confirm date when Google will release Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Nexus devices.
But it looks like Motorola devices will be first to get Android 5.0 Lollipop update. Motorola had accidentally released Release Notes for Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
The major changes in Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto X and Moto G are:
- Material Design: You will quickly notice a whole new colorful look and feel to your device – from fluid animations to new application and system themes, colors and widgets.
- Notifications UI & Priorities: In order to alert you to the mosttimely and relevant information, the format and behavior of notifications have evolved:
- notifications will appear on the lock screen and are intelligently ranked by type and who sent them.
- you double-tap to open one, swipe left or right to clear one, or clear all notifications from the bottom of the list.
- you can set the priority and privacy of notifications for each application.
- very high priority notifications will pop up briefly over other applications so that you can take action.
- when you dismiss a notification on one device it will be dismissed on your other Android devices, if they are connected to the Internet.
- you can further tailor how notifications behave with the new Downtime and Ambient Display settings.
Motorola has not provided any ETA for the Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade for Moto G and Moto X but it looks like the update will be released soon. If you are confused whether your device will get Android 5.0 Lollipop update or not then you can check out list of devices which will get Android Lollipop update.