Motorola has started rolling out Android Lollipop update for Moto G first gen and second gen devices for Indian users. Along with Indian users, Moto G (2nd Gen) users in US are also getting the Android L update.
Motorola has confirmed on twitter that the Android 5 Lollipop update has been started rolling out. The Lollipop update is been rolling out in phases and will take time to reach all devices.
— Motorola Mobility (@Motorola) January 23, 2015
Motorola is directly pushing the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update, which comes with minor bug fixes. Earlier Motorola had tested several soak test builds for Moto G and now the update is officially released.
Motorola has already released Android Lollipop update for Moto X (2nd Gen) in India. Now only Moto E and Moto X(1st Gen) are left to get the Lollipop update.
Android 5.0 Lollipop update brings several changes to Motorola Moto G. Here are some of the changes from the official changelog :
- Material Design:
- You will quickly notice a whole new colorful look and feel to your device – from fluid animations to new application and system themes, colors and widgets.
- Notifications UI & Priorities:
- Notifications will appear on the lock screen and are intelligently ranked by type and who sent them.
- You double-tap to open one, swipe left or right to clear one, or clear all notifications from the bottom of the list.
- You can set the priority and privacy of notifications for each application.
- Very high priority notifications will pop up briefly over other applications so that you can take action.
- When you dismiss a notification on one device it will be dismissed on your other Android devices, if they are connected to the Internet.
- You can further tailor how notifications behave with the new Downtime and Ambient Display settings.
Moto G (1st Gen) and Moto G (2nd Gen) users in India should the get the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update notification soon. You can also manually check for updates and install the update.
Have you received the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for your Moto G?