OxygenOS is based on stock Android 5 Lollipop. It gives stock Android user experience.
OnePlus in a forum post said:
Many of you around the world are off work today for a long weekend. We hope to make your vacation even better, because OxygenOS is finally here!
We know you’ve been patient, and we’re excited to announce that starting right now, you can download and flash OxygenOS right to your OnePlus One.
The OnePlus Forums are where everything started, and we couldn’t have gotten this far without you. Your suggestions and feedback have strongly influenced the direction of Oxygen, and we consider all of you a part of the team. This ROM was built just for you, and we can’t wait to hear what you think. We’ve made a feedback app available for download on OxygenOS, and we hope you’ll use it. Let’s make Oxygen even better, together.
As this is the first public version of OxygenOS, there are some issues in this build which will fixed later. The Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based Oxygen OS has following issues:
- When printing images, printer service may stop
- Cannot hang up a call using headphone controls (intermittent)
- OTG can only recognize FAT32 file system
- During system update, display of wifi/data notification may be incorrect
- During system update, display of version number may be incorrect
- Files sometimes crash when uploading files to the cloud
- Files may crash when renaming image files
- Files does not support multi-select deletes
OnePlus One users in India should install the OxygenOS based on Android Lollipop, as there are very less chances of getting CM12S OTA updates in India.