After Nokia Acquisition by Microsoft, Nokia has appointed Rajeev Suri as next CEO of Nokia. Nokia will now focus on Three areas — networks, location services with HERE and innovation with its Advanced Technologies group.
“The world of technology is on the verge of a change that we believe will be as profound as the creation of the internet” said Rajeev Suri. “With our three strong businesses – Networks, HERE and Technologies – and position as one of the world’s largest software companies, we are well placed to meet our goal to be a leader in the technologies for a world where everybody and everything is connected.”
“Nokia’s strategy is to develop its three businesses in order to realize its vision of being a technology leader in a connected world and, in turn, create long-term shareholder value,” said Rajeev Suri. “Our goal is to optimize the company so that each business is best enabled to meet its goals. Where it makes sense to do so, we will pursue shared opportunities between the businesses, but not at the expense of focus and discipline in each.”
Apart from New CEO, Nokia also announced
– The appointment of Rajeev Suri as President and Chief Executive Officer, effective May 1, 2014;
– A vision to be a leader in technologies important in a connected world;
– A strategy to realize that vision by building on Nokia’s three strong businesses in networks, location and technologies;
– Plans for a EUR 5 billion program to optimize its capital structure, including the Nokia Board’s proposal to the Annual General Meeting 2014 for the dividend and for an authorization for the Board to repurchase shares; and
– A new governance structure and the appointment of a new leadership team, effective May 1, 2014.
Rajeev Suri will take over as Nokia CEO from 1 May 2014. Rajiv Suri is of Indian origin. Earlier Microsoft also appointed Satya Nadella who is also Indian origin. Now, Both Microsoft and Nokia have Indian origin CEO.