Last month Google released the first developer preview of next upcoming Android N OS. The first Developer Preview was released to select Nexus devices which includes smartphones and tablets.
Earlier this month we reported that the Android N Developer Preview could hit Non Nexus devices soon. Now Google has officially released Android 7 N preview for Sony Xperia Z3. The preview can now be installed on the device.
Sony Xperia Z3 becomes the first Non Nexus smartphone to get Android N Developer preview. The update brings many new features like Multi Window, Bundled Notifications, Direct reply Notifications and improved Doze Mode.
Android N Developer Preview is released for Sony Xperia Z3 with model numbers D6603 and D6653. The update can be installed by the connecting the smartphone to computer via Xperia Companion.
You can install the Android N Developer preview on Sony Xperia Z3 by following steps:
- Connect your compatible Z3 device to a computer with a USB cable.
- Xperia Companion will open automatically
- Make sure you have Xperia Companion version 1.1.24 or later.
- Hold down the ALT key on your computer and click on Software repair on the home screen, then follow the guide.
- You’ll be asked to disconnect and turn off your device, then to reconnect whilst holding down the volume down key to start the software flashing.
- You can return to factory settings at any time by connecting back to Xperia Companion and following the Software repair.
After Xperia Z3, We may expect the preview to be available for other Non Nexus smartphones as well.