HMD Global, the so-called parent company of the Nokia, has just announced the first ever Android-powered Nokia smartphone, the Nokia 6 in China and it will be exclusive to the Chinese market. That being said, the Nokia 6 looks insanely good with its 6000 Grade Aluminum series.
However, the smartphone is placed in the mid-range category, and the specs justify it all. The Nokia 6 comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD display with 2.5D curved glass on top and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection layer. At heart, is the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset, coupled with 4GB of RAM and Adreno 506 GPU.
Nokia 6 Key Specifications
- Screen: 5.5-inch IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 2.5D curved glass, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 with 64-bit octa-core CPU and Adreno 505 GPU
- Memory & Storage: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- Rear-Facing Camera: 16MP (1.0um sensor and f/2.0 aperture), phase-detection autofocus, dual-tone LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- Front-Facing Camera: 8MP (1.12um sensor and f/2.0 aperture), 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM with 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 (with A2DP and LE), GPS, USB OTG, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers, Dual Smart Amplifiers, and Dolby Atmos
Optics-wise, the Nokia 6 features a 16MP camera on the rear with the 1.0um sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF technology, and a LED flash. Frontal, we have an 8MP sensor, which doesn’t have support for any flash. Interestingly, the company has embedded two stereo speakers in the phone that additionally has support for Dolby ATMOS.
The Nokia 6 boots Android 7.0 Nougat and is armed with a 3000mAh battery. In terms of pricing, the Nokia comes with a hefty price tag of 1699 Yuan (approx. Rs. 16,500) and will be exclusively sold via JD.com by the end of February and won’t be coming to India. Also, we feel that the phone is steeply priced as Xiaomi Mi 5 is 100 Yuan more than the Nokia 6.