Motorola is working on final builds for Android 5.0 Lollipop update for its devices. Earlier Motorola has revealed Android Lollipop Release Notes for Moto G 2nd Gen and Moto X 2nd Gen.
Now, Motorola has started Android Lollipop soak test for its mid range device, Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen. Several Moto G Retail users are reporting that they are receiving Android Lollipop update, reports AndroidPolice.
Motorola has also released release notes for Motorola Moto G on its website. Android Lollipop update brings hosts of new features including Material design, Improved notifications, improved performance and better security.
Motorola Moto G Android 5.0 Lollipop update brings several changes, some of the highlights from changelog :
- Material Design:
- You will quickly notice a whole new colorful look and feel to your device – from fluid animations to new application and system themes, colors and widgets.
- Notifications UI & Priorities:
- Notifications will appear on the lock screen and are intelligently ranked by type and who sent them.
- You double-tap to open one, swipe left or right to clear one, or clear all notifications from the bottom of the list.
- You can set the priority and privacy of notifications for each application.
- Very high priority notifications will pop up briefly over other applications so that you can take action.
- When you dismiss a notification on one device it will be dismissed on your other Android devices, if they are connected to the Internet.
- You can further tailor how notifications behave with the new Downtime and Ambient Display settings.
Motorola has also given instructions to update Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen to Android Lollipop with build number 22.11.6. If you have received the update notification, then select ‘Yes I’m in ‘ then select ‘Install Now’ to install the Android 5.0 Lollipop build number 22.11.6 on Moto G 2nd Gen.
With Motorola testing the Android Lollipop update, we can expect that Motorola may release the Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Moto G and Moto X 2nd Gen in coming week.
After releasing Android Lollipop update for second gen devices, Motorola will focus on delivering Android Lollipop update for first gen devices.
Earlier Google had delayed Android Lollipop update for Nexus devices, later LG has also announced Android Lollipop update for LG G3. Now, It look like Motorola and LG will be first to seed Android Lollipop update.
We will let you know once Android Lollipop update starts rolling out.