Samsung has launched a new music streaming service called ‘Milk Music’ for its Galaxy Series Smartphone. The Music streaming service will directly compete with Apple iTunes Radio, Spotify, Pandora. Last Fall with iOS 7 Apple has launched its own music streaming service. Now Samsung has also come up with its own music service.
The service will offer 200 ad-free radio stations to US customers. Samsung is calling the service ad-free but on Google play description it is written that ad-free service will be for limited time only.
Also Read: What’s new in Samsung Galaxy S5? Nothing !!
Milk is powered by the radio service Slacker. The company thinks that it will take page on Apple iTunes Radio by offering “unique music programming from top selling and emerging artists” available exclusively through its service. While the Name ‘Milk’ itself is quite strange for the music Streaming Service. The service will take on other Music services like Pandora, Spotify, Beat Music and others. The Milk Music is currently Available for US customers only, same as Apple did initially with iTunes Radio. Samsung is not leaving any feature to compete against Apple. Recently Announced Galaxy S5 which comes with Fingerprint sensor was also copied iPhone 5s.
From the Google Play Description
INSTANT AND EFFORTLESS MUSIC LISTENING
• Stumble across new hits and old favorites with a turn of the dial.
• Music plays instantly, as you scan through stations.
• No registration or set-up required.CREATE YOUR SIGNATURE SOUND
CREATE YOUR SIGNATURE SOUND
• Customize the dial to show only genres and stations you like.
• “My Stations” collects all the stations you love and those you create into a single station that’s easily accessible on the dial.
• Fine-tune stations based on popularity, novelty and song favorites.
MORE OF WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR
• Listen to over 200 genre stations, curated from a music library of over 13 million songs.
• “Spotlight” offers a curated selection handpicked by music tastemakers and influencers.
The app is available for free on Google Play Store and is compatible with Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Mega. It will be also compatible with newly launched Galaxy S5. The service will not on other Samsung devices nor on other Android devices.